Carbofen 6060 is a powdered, thermoplastic natural resin insoluble in water, soluble in ethanol, and used in foundry coating formulations. Our product is derived from the Parana Pine, a native Brazilian tree of the pine family.
This thermoplastic resin is a brown powder insoluble in water. After being saponified by caustic soda (NaOH) or potassium hydroxide (KOH), Carbofen 6060 becomes a soap solution and soluble. Our product is also soluble in ethanol.
Find below more information on our thermoplastic natural resin, including transportation, packaging and product availability details. Please contact our team if more information is needed.
Foundry Coating Applications
Due to its physical and chemical properties, Carbofen 6060 can be used as a raw material with other substances or by itself in formulations for the foundry industry in:
- Zirconia coatings
- Graphite coatings
- Magnesite coatings
Shipping & Handling
- We export in containers of 20ft and 40ft.
- Carbofen is a natural resin. Therefore, it is classified as a non-hazardous material.
- Paper bags of 25 kg (approx. 55 lbs)
- Pallets of 1,050 kg (approx. 2,314 lbs)
- Big bags from 500 – 1,000 kg (approx. 1,102 – 2,204 lbs)
- We recommend storage in dry and fresh places.
More Product Information
- Made in Brazil
- Worldwide Shipping
- Carbofen is registered under EU REACH by Polytrade.
- Polytrade has over two decades of experience delivering its products all over the world.
Polytrade has made its products available in several locations through domestic inventorying and through strategic partners around the world. Find below the locations that stock Carbofen 6060: