Respin Shellac is a flaked thermoplastic natural resin used in solvent-based coating formulations for the foundry industry.
Placing Respin Shellac in the favored position of cost-effective substitute or compatible extender for Shellac in formulations for foundry coatings.
It has excellent anti-mold and water-repellent properties, ideal for varnishes. Contains high gloss, high hardness, and excellent adhesion characteristics. It can be used in food sausage coating manufacturing processes.
Soluble in ethanol, methanol, acetone, and esters. Insoluble in water, aliphatic and aromatic solvents
Find below more information on our plant-based resin, including transportation, packaging and product availability details. Please contact our team if more information is needed.
A Flaked Natural Resin for Foundry Coating Formulations
Due to its physical and chemical properties, Respin Shellac can be used as a raw material with other substances or by itself in formulations for foundry coatings. Our plant-based product is soluble in ethanol and is recommended for solvent-based formulations, such as:
- Zirconia coatings
- Graphite coatings
- Magnesite coatings
Shipping & Handling
- We export in containers of 20ft and 40ft.
- Respin is a natural resin. Therefore, it is classified as a non-hazardous material.
- Paper bags of 25 kg (approx. 55 lbs)
- We recommend storage in dry and fresh places.
More Product Information
- Made in Brazil
- Worldwide Shipping
- Respin is registered under EU REACH by Polytrade
- Polytrade has more than two decades of experience delivering its products all over the world.
Find below the locations that stock Respin Shellac: